The geoDVR Mini is an affordable and small rugged HD geospatial digital video recorder (geoDVR) allowing users to easily collect large volumes of continuously geotagged video and GPS meta data.
Weighing in at 1.5kg, this GPS-enabled digital video recorder is suitable for applications where small size, weight, and power (SWaP) requirements are important.
Capabilities and firmware are similar to our popular multi-channel geoDVR Gen2/3, and the geoDVR Mini can also be upgraded with some of the same optional modules and accessories.
Features & Specifications - geoDVR Mini
geoDVR Mini Features
- Record & geo-reference HD video with GPS data for mappping software
- Live video feeds and other modules to any standard monitor
- Use waypoint trigger to log points of interest (POI) with video and audio
- Snap & save geotagged still photos from video while recording and post-mission
- 375 GB solid state drives (SSD) for longer recording time
- Video writes speeds up to 30x faster than CF & SD cards
GPS Geo-referencing & Geospatial Metadata Logging
- Continuous GPS Log File: GPX
- Includes: Latitude, Longitude, Time, Altitude, Speed, Heading & More
- Remote GeoSystems Whisper (our Patented, “Constantly-Persistent” GPS Encoding)
- Optional Module – STANAG 4609 KLV / MISB Full Motion Video (FMV)
- Optional Module – Remote GeoSystems “Camera Target Footprint” Protocol (Similar to STANAG 4609 / MISB FMV spec but with our support for modern video formats and custom location-based metadata)
Optional Modules - geoDVR Mini
The geoDVR Mini is a modular geospatial video mapping system that can be configured to conform to various requirements and payloads from simple turn-key kits to more complex integration with other critical mission-specific technologies.
Get a Demo
Learn more about how the geoDVR Mini can add value to your video survey, inspection and surveillance projects with a customized web demonstration!
Videos - geoDVR Mini
Get a geoDVR Mini Quote
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This will really depend on what GPS device you choose to use with the geoDVR. The geoDVR Mini ships with a Garmin 18x receiver and the geoDVR Gen3 features an internal GPS receiver and with that you can probably expect around 3 meter accuracy. The geoDVR Mini can connect to most NMEA-compliant GPS devices so if you have a high-end survey grade GPS unit with differential correction you can use that. In airborne applications, when connected to a compatible gimbal camera with the correct metadata parameters, the geoDVR Mini also can geotag where the camera is looking at the ground with great accuracy to display the “camera target footprint” on the map, or CTF as we call it.