Live Moving Maps is an optional display module for the geoDVR offering airborne, vehicle and marine vessel camera operators or navigators a solution to monitor live video feeds geo-synchronized with a interactive moving map interface.
Live Moving Maps can show real-time tracking of the aircraft/vehicle position as well as any mission-related GIS map files such as critical infrastructure assets or other geo-located video subject matter.
Live Moving Maps works with simple video cameras to sophisticated multi-sensor aircraft-mounted gyro-stabilized gimbal systems.
Live Moving Maps & Mission Planning
- Easily Load Properly-formatted GIS Files Directly to the geoDVR Live Moving Maps Interface
- Real-time Vehicle/Aircraft Position Tracking While Referencing GIS Asset Data Sets
- Additional Camera Target Tracking Available for Compatible Gyro-stabilized Cameras
- Turn On/Off Multiple Map Layers to Depending on the Current Route or Mission
- Turn On/Off the Virtual Map Tilt & Auto-align North Rotations
- Detailed Base Maps Provided for Most Regions
- Works in Disconnected Environments Using our Built-in Offline Map Tile Server
Mission Planning for Data Collection, Action, Updates & Archive
The geoDVR Live Moving Maps module lets operators load and save project-specific map data files to the geoDVR Map Window.
This functionality is often used to assist in locating and documenting infrastructure assets and places such as pipelines, power line structures, cell towers, wildfire boundaries, wildlife habitats, subject locations and more.
Additionally, this makes it easy for surveyors and navigators to reference specific asset data such as powerline tower numbers or roads when recording geotagged audio/video comments of the current conditions during data collection.
geoDVR Live Moving Maps Deployment Options
Platform Location Only
Live Moving Maps by itself showing the platform location only is the most common deployment of this module for surface vehicles and aircraft using fixed-mount video cameras and legacy gimbal cameras that are unable to utilize the Remote GeoSystems Camera Target Footprint protocol or MISB FMV specifications.
With geoDVR Camera Target Footprint (CTF) Module
Live Moving Maps can optionally be configured with the geoDVR Camera Target Footprint module for gyro-stabilized gimbal cameras utilizing the Remote GeoSystems protocol. The combination of these geoDVR modules shows a dynamically-moving “camera frame center geo-target”, “camera frame extent geo-footprint” and the data-collection platform location all simultaneously in the geoDVR Live Moving Maps interface.
With geoDVR MISB FMV Metadata Module
Live Moving Maps can optionally be configured with the geoDVR MISB FMV module for gyro-stabilized gimbal cameras utilizing the STANAG Motion Imagery Standards Board (MISB) Full Motion Video specification. This combination of geoDVR modules presents an identical Live Moving Maps interface as described with Camera Target Footprint module, just using more limited MISB FMV specification.
Common Fields of Application
- Airborne Law Enforcement & Defense
- Pipeline Patrols & Leak Detection
- Powerline Inspections & Outage Response
- Transportation & Rail Infrastructure Surveys
- Wildfire Mapping & Airborne Firefighting
- Emergency Response and Disaster Assessment
- Aerial Wildlife Counts and Protection
- Subsea ROV & Marine Mapping Projects
- Search & Rescue Operations
- And much more!