Positive Train Control Geospatial Video Mapping System
Remote GeoSytems has developed a rail-specific video survey and mapping solution to improve the efficiency and accuracy of Positive Train Control (PTC) compliance efforts. This unique purpose-built geospatial rail video recorder system leverages our multi-camera geoDVR™ (geospatial digital video recorder) and LineVision™ GIS video integration software.
The geoDVR Rail PTC Video Survey System is proving to be a more capable solution for PTC audit and verification & validation efforts over existing video offerings from traditional railway electronics companies. Stop pushing back deadlines and let the geoDVR and LineVision rail system help reduce costs, risks and on-track time for field engineers and increase the productivity of back-office GIS teams.
The geoDVR Rail PTC Video Survey System includes several core off-the-shelf components and professional services that can optionally be further modified to meet even more specified requirements for PTC projects and standards.
These components include:
- geoDVR Video Recorder, Cameras and Accessories for Data Collection
- LineVision Desktop Software Suite for PC-based GIS Analysis & Data Updates
- LineVision Server Application for Centralized Browser-based Analysis, Data Updates, Collaboration, Archive & Search
- Professional Services for Consulting, Requirements Gathering, Documentation, Training and Support, etc.
Positive Train Control (PTC) Geospatial Back Office GIS Solutions
Our LineVison Desktop and Server applications offer the most complete set of professional geospatial software tools to dynamically map, analyze, edit and archive “click-on-map” location-based videos, photos and other digital media in existing GIS environments. Now everyone can simultaneously playback geo-referenced video from multiple hi-rail vehicle cameras using Esri ArcGIS/ArcMap and Google Earth.
LineVision desktop software suite lets users easily load geotagged video and photos data from the geoDVR to enterprise maps and then save these immersive deliverable as “geoProjects.” The interpolation and vehicle geo-fencing features in LineVision were designed for video playback and analysis for PTC efforts. As the videos plays, a cursor moves along the GPS track on the map, constantly indicating where the current video views were captured with a 7.2 foot diameter circle to assist with PTC compliance determinations. Users may also advance or reverse the video by clicking on the GPS track or using controls on the video viewer windows.
geoDVR & LineVision for PTC
Standard Features - geoDVR Rail PTC Video Survey System
- Record up to Six (6) High-definition (HD) Video Cameras at Once
- Geotag & Embed Multiple Video Files with GPS Data in Realtime
- Multi-camera Live Video Feed Monitoring
- View with Esri ArcGIS, ArcMap & Google Earth
- Use Point of Interest (POI) Waypoint Trigger to Create “place markers” for Critical Asset Locations
- Snap & Geotag Still Image Photos from Video frame at POI Waypoints
- Associate Predefined Feature or Asset Classifications with POI Waypoints
- Removable Solid State Drives for Longer Recording & Swap-outs on Extended Field Missions & Video Write Speeds Up to 30x Faster than CF & SD Cards
- Load track datasets to Live Moving Maps to provide alerts to data collection team for upcoming critical assets