LineVision Google Earth Extension
LineVision™ Google Earth Extension is a simple tool for interactive, “click-on-track” geotagged video & photo playback, analysis and project reporting using Google’s popular globe software as a 3D terrain base mapping application.
View your aerial and mobile video mapping missions as 3D “tracks” in Google Earth taking into account platform altitude and terrain. Click any point along the path to geographically “fast-forward” or “reverse” the video to that exact location.
This easy-to-use software is one of the most “open” and versatile geospatial video analysis tools available. Easily playback properly formatted geo-referenced video files from a variety of consumer video cameras, drones, gyro-stabilized video systems and specialized geospatial DVRs, including our own geoDVR hardware
Now even those without GIS experience can easily view this valuable asset location-based multimedia using enterprise maps & data provided in KML format.
Put Geospatial Video and Media on Google Earth with LineVision
- Map-based Playback of Geo-referenced Video Files
- Multi-channel HD & SD Video Viewing
- Viewing of High-resolution Oblique Still Photos
- Snap & Save Geo-tagged Photos from Video
- Add & Edit Documents and Files Right on the Map
- Add local KML Files & Streaming Raster Satellite & Aerial Imagery
- Compatible with Video from Commercial Drones & UAS
- Connect to Enterprise GIS Map Services Online
- Open & Create Portable geoProject Packages
- And more…
LineVision Google Earth Extension Videos
Mulitple Editions for Various Workflows
LineVision Google Earth is available in Basic and Professional editions. The main difference between the two versions is Professional will allow you to create, save and update interactive, immersive geoProject reports with all related geotagged videos, photos, documents, KML files and other map data. Basic edition is primarily designed for viewing and interacting with geoProjects previously created and saved in one of the LineVision Professional or Ultimate editions.
Pricing - LineVision Google Earth
BasicInteractive Viewing & Analysis
- $24 - Monthly
- $249 - Annual
- $500 - Perpetual
- Enterprise Licensing - Call
ProfessionalBuild, Save & Update geoProject Deliverables
- $39 - Monthly
- $399 - Annual
- $1,000 - Perpetual
- Enterprise Licensing - Call
Details - LineVision Google Earth Extension
- Supports for high-definition and standard definition (NTSC & PAL) video files
- Single camera map-based video playback
- Multi-camera map-based video playback (up to 4 geo-synchronized files)
- Navigate video by GPS waypoints (when applicable)
- Navigate video by latitude/longitude coordinates
- Chain together multiple geospatial video segments for continuous playback
- Set custom geo-fence radius for moving platform on mission route
- Extract GPS data from video (geoDVR or “Whisper” videos only)
- Export waypoints from video as a GPX file
- Show and trace estimated camera projection
- Create MISB FMV from geotagged video
- Load oblique photos
- Geotag or re-geotag photos
- Snap and save geotagged digital still images from videos
- Manipulate photos
- Listen to audio from the video files
Annotations & Documents
- Geotag & update annotations on the map
- Geotag & update documents and files on the map
- Load KML/KMZ files
- KMZ to KML Converter
- Show terrain, borders, roads, buildings, current location, latitude/longitude status bars
- Load GPS & Waypoint files with and without video
Compatible Video Cameras
- COTS (consumer-off-the-shelf) video cameras like Garmin ViRB, ContourGPS and some Sony POV & Handycam models
- Commercial and professional Drones like the DJI Inspire and Phantom Pro series UAVs
- Airborne multi-sensor gyro-stabilized systems connected to a geoDVR or other compatible GPS-enabled DVR
- Multi-camera mobile mapping vehicles using a geoDVR or other compatible GPS-enabled DVR
Reporting & Data Portability
- Save your data fusion and analysis work reports as a .geoProject file for easy collaboration, data portability and simple delivery to clients and end-users with LineVision
- All panels are movable and can be “floating,” “docked” and resized
- Customize and save preferred layout and application settings
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
LineVision Google Earth Extension
Do you have a published standard CSV format so I can be sure my geospatial video GPS data companion files are compatible with LineVision?
Yes. LineVision accepts many different GPS Data companion file types and to make it easy we have a published very simple CSV spec for LineVision.
The format is as follows:
The 1st row MUST be the following:
LATITUDE, LONGITUDE, ALTITUDE, UTCTIME, SPEED, COURSE
From there, each additional row just needs to be the corresponding values.
You can download the Simple CSV file format example by clicking on the document title below.
How can I share the videos I will make with LineVision with my clients? Will they also have to buy the LineVision software to view my content?
The geoProject format is the ideal way to deliver an interactive and immersive map-based deliverable to your client. (Click here for more on geoProjects.)
However, to offer that type of functionality, requires software that make that all work together.
If you are using the Remote GeoSystems geoProject format for your deliverable, then your client will need some sort of version of LineVision Basic edition or higher to view the saved geoProject.
Since we do offer the monthly plans, so you could subscribe for your client and turn off their subscription for the months that its is not being used.
Alternatively you could create screen capture of the LineVision running if you just needed to send your client a movie. There are also the automated reports that can be exported in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as mission plans that can be exported as KML files. But again, the map interactivity with video requires the LineVision software currently.
Can I save files or projects so that users do not have to manually select and add the videos, photos and other files needed to view a project?
Yes. You can save your project as a geoProject. That way end user only needs to open the geoProject, view and interact with the project deliverable as you last saved it.
To load a single geotagged video to LineVision go to File > Open Video then navigate to Windows folder where you downloaded the geotagged video AND GPS “companion” or “sidecar” files. This should load up the video and play with the clickable GPS track on the map.
Check out this short tutorial:
LineVision Desktop, Add-ins, Extensions and Plug-in software is currently licensed to a specific PC as a monthly, annual or perpetual license plan.
The perpetual and includes free updates for the first year and an optional 20% annually for upgrades in year 2 and beyond. Click here to see our pricing plans.
I need to be able to show video and my flight route on a Google Map or Google Earth in real time as the video plays. Is this something your software can do?
Yes – Our LineVision software allows you to view video files with continuous GPS coordinates a map for dynamic an interactive playback along a flight route. The LineVision Google Earth Extension lets you do this with Google Earth and our LineVision Desktop lets you do this with Esri ArcGIS Maps.